The CPMR is looking for a Regional Policy Director to join the team in January 2020.
The Regional Policy Director will lead the activities of the Conference of Peripheral Maritime Regions on Cohesion Policy.
Main tasks will involve, among others:
- Coordinate and lead the reflection of the CPMR on Cohesion Policy, involving managing the CPMR Core Group on Cohesion Policy
- Liaise with CPMR Member Regions to seek their views on specific issues in relation to Cohesion Policy and to work with each of the six CPMR Geographical Commissions
- Represent the CPMR towards the EU institutions and networks, and animate brainstorming sessions with external experts
- Monitor developments related to Cohesion Policy (including Territorial Cooperation and the European Social Fund) through contacts in the EU institutions, national, regional and other relevant actors (think tanks, academia, etc…)
- Draft technical notes outlining key issues at stake for CPMR Member Regions and providing recommendations for the future
- Draft policy positions for approval by CPMR Members at statutory meetings of the CPMR
- Prepare speeches, speaking notes and briefing notes for the attention of the CPMR President, the CPMR Vice-President responsible for Cohesion Policy and any other CPMR elected Member representing the CPMR
- Liaise directly with CPMR Member Regions and with the CPMR Geographical Commissions
- Organise high level conferences and seminars on the Cohesion Policy in line with the European agenda
- Actively support the organisation of CPMR Statutory Meetings and take the lead for Cohesion Policy related activities
- To undertake research with CPMR Member Regions on technical issues related to Cohesion Policy issues as well as territorial cohesion.
- Contribute to the communications strategy of the CPMR