The Cornwall Brussels Office (CBO) was established in April 2013 to represent the interests of Cornwall Council, the Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly Local Enterprise Partnership, and the Combined Universities in Cornwall in Brussels.
It is located at the heart of EU decision making in Brussels at the premises of the Conference of Peripheral Maritime Regions (CPMR).
- Provides timely intelligence and information on key strategic policy issues, particularly on the EU budget and the future of cohesion policy in a Brexit context.
- Influences policy developments and acts as the ‘Cornwall voice’ in Brussels, co-ordinating focussed lobbying in key areas of interest for Cornwall Council, Combined Universities in Cornwall and the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Local Enterprise Partnership.
- Maximises Cornwall’s engagement with EU funding opportunities.
- Represents and provides advocacy on key areas of interest such as linking Cornwall to other useful EU networks (CPMR, ERRIN…).
- Promotes and raises the profile of Cornwall in Europe.
The CBO is looking for a new Head of Office to work from 1 April 2019 on a part-time basis (three days a week averaged over the year).
Interested candidates should ideally:
– be set up as independent contractors in Belgium (or be prepared to be set up as such upon recruitment)
– have at least 5 years’ worth of experience in any of the following fields: interest representation towards the EU, (UK) local and regional government, work with locally elected Members, Brexit
– have an excellent command of English
– be a self-starter, able to work independently, able to network with a range of stakeholders, display a proactive attitude
If you are interested, please contact Katie Cavell (firstname.lastname@example.org) BEFORE 13 MARCH.