This visual map is a user-friendly and operational tool on regional competences and experiences in the field of migration and asylum. It is designed for mutual learning between regions and for promoting regional actions among external stakeholders and partner organisations for project activities, networking and identifying expertise in specific areas.
The map is intended to be a rolling tool. Regions can update and add data by contacting claire.street@crpm.
How to use the map
The interactive map is made up of 9 layers providing information on regions’ experiences, capacities, needs and potential.
- Click on the tab in the top left corner and then tick the desired layer to view the Regions concerned by the theme.
- Click on the map or on the name of the Region in the list to view regional data and experiences related to the theme
For each region there is also a link in Layer 2 to a factsheet summarising all the information in a single document
- Layer 1 – Country Data: Total population and % of nationals and non nationals
- Layer 2 – Regional Data: Population, % of non nationals and number of refugees if known) and link to Factsheet
- Layer 3 – Multilevel Governance, Policy, Instruments: Get an overview of regional policies on migration and asylum with links to relevant documents and instruments.
- Layers 4-5-6 – Entry and Reception; Basic Public Services; Integration and Social Inclusion: Regarding the internal dimension of migration policies, see in which areas Regions are taking action and read about their specific experiences and practices
- Layer 7 – Decentralised Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid: See the projects, initiatives and technical support activities the Regions are leading in relation to the external dimension of migration policies
- Layer 8 – Issues, Needs, Innovative Practices
- Layer 9 – Cooperation Interest: Find out which Regions are looking to cooperate on migration topics