The Regional Policy Director will lead the activities of the Conference of Peripheral Maritime Regions on Cohesion Policy.
Main tasks will involve, among others:
- Coordinate and lead the reflection of the CPMR on Cohesion Policy, involving managing the CPMR Core Group on Cohesion Policy
- Liaise with CPMR Member Regions to seek their views on specific issues in relation to Cohesion Policy and to work with each of the six CPMR Geographical Commissions
- Represent the CPMR towards the EU institutions and networks, and animate brainstorming sessions with external experts
- Monitor developments related to Cohesion Policy (including Territorial Cooperation and the European Social Fund) through contacts in the EU institutions, national, regional and other relevant actors (think tanks, academia, etc…)
- Draft technical notes outlining key issues at stake for CPMR Member Regions and providing recommendations for the future
- Draft policy positions for approval by CPMR Members at statutory meetings of the CPMR
- Prepare speeches, speaking notes and briefing notes for the attention of the CPMR President, the CPMR Vice-President responsible for Cohesion Policy and any other CPMR elected Member representing the CPMR
- Liaise directly with CPMR Member Regions and with the CPMR Geographical Commissions
- Organise high level conferences and seminars on the Cohesion Policy in line with the European agenda
- Actively support the organisation of CPMR Statutory Meetings and take the lead for Cohesion Policy related activities
- To undertake research with CPMR Member Regions on technical issues related to Cohesion Policy issues as well as territorial cohesion.
- Contribute to the communications strategy of the CPMR