High-level Conference on Migration and the role of the Regions
23 April 2018 @14:00 - 18:30
Organised by the CPMR and Attiki Region and hosted by the Committee of the Regions
This high-level conference was designed to raise the attention of institutions on the need for multi-level governance and the added value of regional and local authorities for more effective results.
During the meeting, the discussion focused on the implementation of the 2015 EU Agenda on migration, the recast Common European Asylum System and the external dimension of migration policies, highlighted experiences and visions related to reception and integration of migrants and refugees, as well as cooperation actions.
In this sense, the event involved speakers from local and regional authorities, EU Institutions and other key stakeholders, and include the presentation of the CPMR Issue paper on “Migration and Asylum in EU Regions” approved by the CPMR Political Bureau (Patras, Western Greece, 8/3/2018).
- Minutes (EN only)
- Agenda (EN, FR)
- CPMR Issue Paper: Migration and Asylum in EU Regions: Towards a multilevel governance approach (EN, FR)
- Executive Report of the Issue Paper (EN, FR, ES, IT)
PRESENTATIONS & SPEECHES
- Katarina Carlzén: The Skåne multilevel governance system for reception and integration of migrants
- Vittorio Bugli: The white paper on the reception of migrants in Tuscany
- Tuscany White Paper on Immigration Policies
- Oriol Amorós: The Catalan system for reception and integration
- Miriam Pérez Albaladejo: Murcia and the external dimension of migration